Whitin Weekly December 5th
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of December 5, 2021.
We are proud to announce our November Whitin Warriors of the Month.
Grade 4:Lekshara Velmurugan, Raymond Quill
Grade 5: Mackenzie Matthews, Shane Hamm
Grade 6: Ecstasy Calderon, Connor Osper
Grade 7: Emrie Kling, Aiden Costigan, William Stark
Students are nominated by their classroom teachers and voted on by the team of teachers. Whitin Warriors of the Month are chosen for demonstrating and modeling the three Rs Respectful, Responsible and Ready to Learn. Students receive a certificate, a Warrior of the month sticker and a gift card.
1st Trimester Report Card will be distributed on Friday, December 10th. Included in the report cards will be student’s Star reports for Reading and Math. Please see the attached document for more details on the Star assessment. Star Description for Families
Fundraiser Friday: The Whitin Student Council will be hosting another fundraiser this coming Friday. For a $1.00 donation students may wear a hat or pajama pants for the day. Proceeds from Friday’s fundraiser will go to the Uxbridge People First Food Pantry.
Whitin Yearbook ordering is available at:
School Code: 193452
Urban Air Night: will be held on January 6th from 4-8pm.
Bussing: Please note if a bus has not arrived at the bus stop within 15-20 min of pick up time especially after a storm seek alternative transportation if possible and let the school know.
From Nurse Gauthier:
If your child has any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please keep them home from school and contact your school nurse and pediatrician.
COVID-19 symptoms list (as of 8/18/21):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Please review the attached COVID Protocol Flowcharts that outline the procedures for sick students and close contacts. COVID Protocol Flowcharts.pdf
If your child is identified as a close contact at school you will be notified via email.
If your child is identified as a close contact outside of school, please keep your child home and contact your school nurse.
If you have any questions or concerns during the school year please feel free to email me at anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: