Whitin Weekly February 28th
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of February 27, 2022.
I hope our Whitin families had a wonderful break and were able to rest and recharge. We head into a busy stretch of school where we continue to move forward with the curriculum in each content area as well as prepare for MCAS testing all while hoping the weather turns and spring comes sooner than later.
Please see the attached letter which highlights the updates to our COVID protocols starting this week. Whitin COVID letter Feb 27
Whitin Spring Athletics Information:
Hello parents, please see the below information regarding Physical Examinations for the 2022 Spring Athletic season.
Physical examinations are valid for 13 months, meaning a student who had his/her last physical examination documented on September 1, 2021 would be considered to have a valid physical on file until October 1, 2022. If any physical examinations have expired within the last 13 months, or will expire this upcoming athletic season, we ask that you provide a copy to the high school nurse, Tara Schiller before a student-athlete is permitted to participate. This includes both high school and Whitin Intermediate school students.
In the past you have sent your child’s physical to our Whitin school nurse, however for this upcoming season, we ask that you please send your updated physical to our high school nurse, Tara Schiller. The physical examination form completed by the physician may be provided in one of several ways:
- Bring the hard copy to the high school office; direct to the attention of the high school nurse.
- Scan or take a picture of the physical examination form (filled out by the physician) and upload to FamilyID as part of the registration process.
- Have the physician’s office fax or mail the form to the high school office.
*Please note: This is for the spring season only.
Lastly, for those in need of a last-minute physical, recently the MIAA has signed a multi-year partnership with ConvenientMD. You can visit your nearest ConvenientMD location in Massachusetts (Bellingham), 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. The physical is just $20 and there are no appointments needed! Here is the link: $20 Youth Physicals.
As always the case, feel free to reach out to the UPS Athletics office with questions, etc. I can best be reached via email at: email@example.com.
~Christopher Carbone, Director of Athletics
MCAS testing: Please be sure you are scheduling any appointments or trips outside of the MCAS testing schedule.
MCAS testing will be conducted during April and May.
All students in grades 4-7 will take two sessions of ELA and math. Additionally, 5th grade only will take two sessions of science. Attached you will find the schedule for testing at Whitin. Please make every effort to schedule appointments and vacations around this schedule. It is important that we have full participation in MCAS.
Whitin Yearbook ordering is available at:
School Code: 193452
Urban Air Night: One week away. Whitin’s Urban Air Night is Wednesday, March 9th 4:00-8:00PM
Whitin Intermediate School Spirit Wear Shop Grand Opening Sale!
- Sale Dates: 2/28 - 3/20
- 25% off all merchandise
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Open year round, however sale ends 3/20/2022
- Bella & Canvas brand is a great quality product but it runs very small - size up!
- Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use code: SPIRIT320-FS at checkout to receive the discounts. Order Here: https://1stplace.sale/42736
Recess: Grades 4 & 5:
Families please be aware that we will be going out for recess as much as we possibly can during the colder months. Please be sure your child has appropriate clothing including a warm jacket so they will be comfortable during recess. In addition, students in 4th and 5th grade will be allowed to play in the snow during recess ONLY if they have the proper clothing to do so. This includes snow pants, snow boots and gloves. Students who do not bring these items to school will only be allowed to play on the basketball court during recess. Students have been doing great getting their winter clothes on and have a blast playing in the snow during recess!!!
Please remind your children to charge their Chromebooks each night. We are finding that many students come into school with little to no battery left on their Chromebooks each day. The Chromebook battery lasts for quite a while but unfortunately many student’s Chromebooks are barely charged and shut down first thing in the morning. This makes it very challenging for students to complete any work or activities assigned to them and also makes it challenging for the teachers to adjust their plans.
Bussing: Please note if a bus has not arrived at the bus stop within 15-20 min of pick up time especially after a storm seek alternative transportation if possible and let the school know.
School nurse information:
If you have a need to speak to the nurse during the school day please call the main line and you will be directed to the nurse’s office 508-278-8640. If you need to communicate with Aimee or Nok through email please email the following:
If your child has any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please keep them home from school and contact your school nurse and pediatrician.
COVID-19 symptoms list (as of 8/18/21):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: