Whitin Weekly March 20th
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of March 20, 2022.
Please see the February/March edition of the Whitin News Student Newspaper. The students have done a great job with this edition of the newspaper.
Whitin Art Show: We are excited to host our first annual Whitin Art Show on Thursday, April 7, 2022 from 3:30-7:30. Students’ art work will be on display, there will be raffle prizes and even student artwork for sale. See attached flier for more details.
MCAS testing will be conducted during April and May.
All students in grades 4-7 will take two sessions of ELA and math. Additionally, 5th grade only will take two sessions of science. Attached you will find the schedule for testing at Whitin. Please make every effort to schedule appointments and vacations around this schedule. It is important that we have full participation in MCAS.
Whitin Yearbook ordering is available at:
School Code: 193452
Scholastic Book Fair will be held April 4-8 See the attached letter for more details
Whitin Intermediate School Spirit Wear Shop Grand Opening Sale!
- Sale Dates: 2/28 - 3/20
- 25% off all merchandise
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- Open year round, however sale ends 3/20/2022
- Bella & Canvas brand is a great quality product but it runs very small - size up!
- Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use code: SPIRIT320-FS at checkout to receive the discounts. Order Here: https://1stplace.sale/42736
Please remind your children to charge their Chromebooks each night. We are finding that many students come into school with little to no battery left on their Chromebooks each day. The Chromebook battery lasts for quite a while but unfortunately many student’s Chromebooks are barely charged and shut down first thing in the morning. This makes it very challenging for students to complete any work or activities assigned to them and also makes it challenging for the teachers to adjust their plans.
Bussing: Please note if a bus has not arrived at the bus stop within 15-20 min of pick up time especially after a storm seek alternative transportation if possible and let the school know.
School nurse information:
If you have a need to speak to the nurse during the school day please call the main line and you will be directed to the nurse’s office 508-278-8640. If you need to communicate with Aimee or Nok through email please email the following:
If your child has any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please keep them home from school and contact your school nurse and pediatrician.
COVID-19 symptoms list (as of 8/18/21):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: