Whitin Weekly April 24th
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of April 24, 2022
I hope everyone had an enjoyable vacation and is well rested. We are in the final stretch of the school year. The next eight weeks we will have MCAS Math and Science testing along with wrapping up the curriculum and end of the year activities to close out the 2021/2022 school year.
We will be conducting ELA MCAS make-ups this week. Any student who was absent prior to break when we administered ELA MCAS should be prepared to take the test starting this Monday.
It is important that students are in school on time during testing days and that they get a good night sleep and have a healthy, nutritious breakfast.
Students are also reminded to bring a water bottle full of water only. They are also allowed to have a nut-free, dry snack as well as gum or hard candy (mints or jolly ranchers). No other food or candy will be allowed.
Chromebooks should also be fully charged for testing. We appreciate parents' assistance with reminding your child to charge their Chromebook the night before testing.
Grade 7 High School information
Parents, please make every effort to complete these forms as soon as possible.
Whitin Yearbook ordering is available at:
School Code: 193452
Bussing: Please note if a bus has not arrived at the bus stop within 15-20 min of pick up time especially after a storm seek alternative transportation if possible and let the school know.
School nurse information:
Our interim school nurses will not be with us for the remainder of the year. We are working to replace them and staff the nurse’s office for the rest of this school year. Until we have found a replacement please call the main office if you need assistance from the nurse’s office during the school day. We will direct your calls to Becky Padula at Taft. Please email Nurse Becky if you have any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please keep them home from school and contact your school nurse and pediatrician.
COVID-19 symptoms list (as of 8/18/21):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: