Whitin Weekly May 1, 2022
Dear Whitin Families,
The following is the update for the week of May 1, 2022
½ day Friday, May 13th: Professional Development
Last day of school: Thursday, June 23rd
Pout Pond Fishing Derby:
See flier for more details. This is a great community event for our youth and families.
Math MCAS: Tuesday, May 10th and Wednesday, May 12th
Looking ahead to the end of the year activities:
Field day: June 14th & 16th
Rain dates: June 15th and June 17th
More details to come!
The Uxbridge High School Student Council is hosting a Dodgeball Tournament on Saturday, May 21st at 2 pm in the high school gymnasium. To enter, you need to have a team of 8. The cost per team is $50. All proceeds from this event will go to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Sign-ups will be open to students of all ages, faculty, parents, and outside organizations. There is no spectator fee, although donations are greatly appreciated. We will be running concessions at the event. If you have any questions, please contact Sheila Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the link to the registration form:
The PTO will be working with the PE teachers on field day and the 7th grade send off. PTO will be looking for volunteers to help with both events. Be on the lookout for more information and how you can help.
Bussing: Please note if a bus has not arrived at the bus stop within 15-20 min of pick up time especially after a storm seek alternative transportation if possible and let the school know.
School nurse information:
We have found an interim nurse who will be with us starting this week. I will provide contact information for them once we have finalized the paperwork. For consistency please continue to direct your calls to Becky Padula at Taft. Please email Nurse Becky if you have any questions or concerns: email@example.com
If your child has any of the following symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, please keep them home from school and contact your school nurse and pediatrician.
COVID-19 symptoms list (as of 8/18/21):
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies) when in combination with other symptoms
Follow Whitin Intermediate on: